Search Manic Mark's Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Enoch Light And The Brass Menagerie

Enoch Light And The Brass Menagerie
Originated and Produced by Enoch Light
Arrangements by Dick Hyman
Associate Producer, Julie Klages
Engineering by Phil Ramone
Project 3 Total Sound
The Total Sound, Inc.
Allied Radio Shack - PR5036SD
1969

Available from online vendors so I will not be posting a sample. Presented here to share the cover art.

From the back cover: Arranged for 4 trumpets, 4 trombones, 4 French horns, 2 reeds, 2 guitars, 3 percussion, keyboard and tuba.

I'm not sure when Radio Shack got their hands into Project 3. I've not seen a "Realistic" logo on any Light album until now.

Even though the cover images suggestion something more, this is a straight forward, "tastefully" done 60s brass album.

The engineering is excellent. The sound is outstanding.

Blowin' In The Wind
I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
My Favorite Things
Wichita Lineman
I've Gotta Be Me
Touch Me
California Dreamin'
Both Sides Now
Happy Ever After
Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Soulful Strut

Above is yet another version of the cover, a book-fold featuring the same back cover design, but with a "4 Channel Stereo" sticker fixed to the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!