Search Manic Mark's Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Music From Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - Electric Moog Orchestra

Music From Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
Electric Moog Orchestra
Musicor Records/Springboard- MUS-8803
1977

This album is available by digital purchase download. So I won't be posting a sample.

This album was a bit of a surprise! This recording was made some ten years after Wendy Carlos commercially successful Switched On Bach LP which paved the way for many more moog albums. So this album is a bit late to the moog party if you ask me. However, I love this album because it reminds me of early university sound lab experimental electronica that I've collected. The retro science fiction sound appeals to me. This isn't cartoony sounding moog stuff. The music is rich and serious.

The album also plays nicely from song to song, holding your interest while painting a terrific soundscape.

Because of that I would have to recommend the LP so that you can (or will be more or less forced to) listen to the work the way it was intended to be heard (rare than by-the-track download)

Main Title And Mountain Visions
Nocturnal Pursuits
The Abduction Of Barry
The Arrival Of Sky Harbor
Galatic Force
The Conversation
The Appearance Of The Visitors
Resolution And End Title
Space Symphony

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!