Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Teenagers Love The Twins Jim And John

Teenagers Love The Twins Jim And John
RCA LPM-1708
1958

Here's a fun album I picked up today. The tracks are available for purchase/download so I will not be posting a sample.

Don't let the teeny bopper cover fool you, there are some finely crafted pop tunes on this album.

It took some doing but I eventually found an autographed copy online, a last name and then a comment on a post left by John. I thought it might be nice to combine the cover image above and the comment.

I could not, however, find a photo of vintage motor scooter that exactly matched the one found on the cover. I'm thinking Vespa... but?

John G. Cunningham Sr. wrote at 2010-08-22 15:53:16
Hi All,

Just a line to let you know that ( we )the twins both live in Arkansas , and love it here.

It reminds me of Hicksville in the late 40's.

The truth be known , we both got tired of the miserable show business grind , and wanted a simpler life.

The compulsory draft was catching up and we had signed with Lancer Records ( our contract with RCA was ended by mutual agreement ).

We had a single out on that labile ( Lancer Records ) as The Twins , but I can't recall the title of that song.

I enlisted in theUSAF ( served 4 years active duty)and have been an aircraft buff ever since.

I am currently building a Light Sports Aircraft ( a Hart Bird II at the Hart Aero shop in MO ).

I still write songs and have a small home studio.

Jim and I have very different lives and pursuits.

I can say that the recording experience was fun for the few years Jim and I were doing that , but it was much to demanding for us.

Jim was drafted into the ARMY while I was still serving in the USAF.

We are both well , and enjoy our rural Arkansas lives.

Sincerely
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!