Search Manic Mark's Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Full Spectrum Of Quadraphonic Sound - Realistic Quadraphonic

Aquarius - Percy Faith And His Orchestra & Chorus
The Full Spectrum Of Quadraphonic Sound
Realistic Quadraphonic
Columbia Special Products 50-2023 CQ-10869
1972

Here's another quadraphonic album that was made as a promotion for Realistic (Radio Shack).

Unlike the Popular Science/Enoch Light "Test Record", this album is a straight forward compilation of songs, that may have been recorded in stereo and converted or remastered into quad sound. I don't know. All I can say is the Popular Science LP sounds so much better through my stereo headphones that there is no comparison.

Since these songs are, for the most part, available on CD or by the purchase download, I can't post the album (my apologies to the Quad blogger!). However, the Percy Faith tune seems not to be available, so enjoy the one sample. FYI: The Miles Davis track is killer.

Chase - Open Up Wide
Santana - Oye Come Va
Barbra Streisand - Free The People
Johnny Mathis - You've Got A Friend
Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills - Stop
Miles Davis - Mile Run The Voo Doo Down
Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World
Percy Faith, His Orchestra & Chorus - Aquarius
Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
Sly And The Family Stone - I Want To Take You Higher

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. This seems to be a straightforward sampler of Columbia's SQ Quad Roster at that time. I've heard most all of these in Quad and they rock. Good up!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!