Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Those Were The Days - Pete Fountain

California Summer
Those Were The Days
Pete Fountain
Produced by Charles Bud Dant
Coral Records CRL 757505
1969

It looks like this Fountain album spent at least 5 weeks on Billboard's top 200 chart at 186.

Again, as with other Fountain albums I've found recently, there is the struggle to create arrangements that successfully mix Fountain's sound and 60's light pop. The sample, California Summer, is one of the more successful tracks.

Also check out: I've Got You Under My Skin

Dear World
Wichita Lineman
Those Were The Days
Cycles
California Summer
On The South Side Of Chicago
Les Bicycettes De Delsize
Puddin
Folsom Prison Blues
My Special Angel
American Boys

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark, thanks for choosing California Summer as the stand-out track. I'd never heard it before. Nice chord changes/syncopation. It made me search out other versions, but I only found one, by The Marketts, which is on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!