Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Latin Rendezvous - The George Shearing Quintet

Mambo Serenade

Latin Rendezvous
The George Shearing Quintet
Augmented with Latin Percussion and Flute
Produced by David Cavanaugh and Tom Morgan
Cover Photo: Capitol Studio/George Herman
Capitol Records T 2326 & ST 2326
1965

From Billboard - June 12, 1965: Combining a variety of well-written compositions with the creativity and the remarkable Latin feel and touch of Shearing and Latin percussion have been added to the quintet and are used effectively throughout "I Wished On The Moon" and "All Through The Night." "Quiet Night" is particularly haunting and fresh.

I Left My Heart In San Francisco
Just Goofin'
Your Is My Heart Alone
Barandanga
Quiet Nights
Mambo Serenade
With Feeling
I Wished On The Moon
Tie Me Donkey
All Through The Night
Mambo At The Blackhawk
More

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!