Search Manic Mark's Blog

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

All The Way - Tony Mottola

It's Sunday
Tony Mottola
All The Way
Executive Producer: Herb Linsky
Producer & Orchestra Contractor: Joe Malin
Recording Engineer: Allen Mirchin assisted by Dennis Ferrante & Rick Rowe
Mastering: Jack Adelman
Photographer: Dan Demetriad
Cover Design: George Fried
Project 3 Records PR-5112
1983

Personel:

Urbie Green - Trombone
Dick Hyman - Piano
Bucky Pizzarelli - Rhythm Guitar
Irv Cottler - Drums
Jerry Bruno - Bass

From the back cover: Of the more than thirty albums I have recorded, this one is very special to me. It is dedicated with love and admiration to a man and his music. That man if Frank Sinatra.

When I was a teenager, I first met Frank at a local radio station in Jersey City, N.J. where we were both doing programs for carfare. A number of years later, Frank, having risen to stardom with the Harry James and Tommy Dorsey Orchestras, was signed by CBS to do a weekly commercial radio program of his own. I was on staff at CBS at that time and did that show with him, as well as his very first record album with the great Axel Stordahl conducting.

I worked with Frank in New York until he went to Hollywood where he became the superstar he remains today.

In 1980, I received a call to do a week of concerts at Carnegie Hall with Frank. That week has extended into three unforgettable years of concerts, recordings, television, and travel to all corners of the world. It's still going on, and it's an absolute joy!

So, it is to Frank that I dedicate this album. I hope you will enjoy my selection of songs that pay tribute to so many beautiful memories of the man and his music – Tony Mottola


All The Way
Medley: Let's Get Away From It All, Come Fly With Me, Nice 'N Easy
Nancy
The Lady Is A Tramp
It's Sunday
New York New York
This IS All I Ask
Medley: I'll Never Smile Again, This Love Of Mine
Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry
Put Your Dreams Away

No comments:

Post a Comment

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!